Search

2018-02-26

The Ghiblers Podcast No.12: My Neighbors the Yamadas

The Ghiblers Podcast No.12: My Neighbors the Yamadas

The Ghiblers is a podcast devoted exclusively to the movies of Studio Ghibli. They began broadcasting in August, 2017 and are now rolling ahead with their latest episode, where they discuss Isao Takahata's 1999 comedy classic My Neighbors the Yamadas.

So far, each episode is devoted to one feature film, and the show is progressing in chronological order. I hope this doesn't mean that they intent to quit once they've reached the end. There are endless opportunities for discussing the many topics and ideas expressed in these movies. They'll never run out of material. Believe me, I know.

Ideally, I would like to see this show expand its scope to the pre-Ghibli era, including Toei Doga, A Pro, Zuiyo/Nippon Animation, Telecom and Tokyo Movie Shinsha. And, of course, there are always the Hayao Miyazaki comics, of which there is no limit.

This show does not appear to have many followers, so we need to change that. The Ghibli fan community needs to come together. I highly recommend that you subscribe to this excellent podcast and share with family and friends. Also, please take a moment to write a favorable review on the podcast's iTunes page.

You can follow The Ghiblers at their website, or download episodes from Apple iTunes.

No comments:

More Ghibli Blog Posts To Discover